Wednesday, September 30, 2009

-Richmond
The ODDcrew assembles as one of their own members follows his love to matrimony.

The groomsman, with their gray tuxes, matched the hazy day of the ceremony. The land was lush, expansive, and full of undergrowth and brush. There were Abita beverages and Texas' finest Bock for us that stood waiting.

The groom sported new boots. We were suited up and nibbling the sweet hors d'oeuvres.

I sat on the bride's families side. The flower girl did not drop a single petal as she tiptoed down the aisle. La Sweat was nervously awaiting a performance of the old hymn Blessed Assurance and as the best man entered and seated LT's proud parents, the realization struck, our grade school chum was a grownup.

I made squished up faces so as not to cry. I simply couldn't watch without feeling that a piece of myself was now engaged in the sanctity.

The love I see now is flooded with happiness and my face is the salty reminder.

I can't hide it.

Here's to the hopeless romantics...


Johnny Davis And The Arrows - The Love I See Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

this site and all its posts are solely for the purposes of:

EDUCATION
PRESERVATION
RECREATION
 

ODDcrew © 2008